Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Secondary Infertility Story

So Mike (my wonderful husband) & I met in 2002 & married in 2004. We started trying to conceive (TTC) our first sometime in 2006. I don't remember exactly when in 2006 since at that time I thought it'd be easy to get pregnant since Austin (my first son from a previous marriage) was a surprise... boy was I wrong! Anyway, so we TTC for a little over a year when I started to see an OB to help aide in our TTC efforts. That's when I was dx with hypothyroidism (Nov '07). I was so happy to finally have a reason that I wasn't getting pregnant. I thought, "Great! Now maybe we can get this fixed & I can finally get pregnant!" Of course it wasn't as easy as all that... it never is, is it? It took me a year to find the right dr & the right thyroid meds to treat my hypo. So we began actively TTC again in Dec '08 after I found a new OB. The new OB ran a few more tests & dx me with a progesterone defect as well; though by all accounts & according to my chart, it appears that I am ovulating fine, with a normal luteal phase so this kinda surprised me. So we started Clomid. The 3rd round of Clomid we finally conceived our miracle baby (in April '09).

My pregnancy was uneventful & we even saw the heartbeat at my 8 wk ultrasound. Well, it was uneventful for 11 wks 3 days, that is, until I started spotting late on June 30, '09. I then went on to have a miscarriage late that night/early the next morning (between 12 & 1 am). I ended up having to go to the ER b/c of the tremendous pain I was in & had a D&C July 1, '09.

So fast-forward 3 cycles... we're finally actively TTC again since the miscarriage. We've done 2 more rounds of Clomid but both were failures.

The biggest thing that has helped me through my infertility struggles is the Lord. I actually finally accepted Jesus as my Lord & Savior in Sept '07. I have HEAVILY leaned on Him & the following scripture during my struggles...
Jeremiah 29:11:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I truly believe that the Lord has promised me that I will have a baby & therefore I will not stop till I have him/her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's kind of a summary or TTC "journal" of sorts:

TTC for about a year until I was dx with Hypothyroidism in Nov '07.
Started TTC again in Dec '08 after taking a year to find the right dr's to help me in my journey.
  • Cycle #1: Natural ~ LH surge, day 12: Not Pregnant
  • Cycle #2: Natural ~ LH surge, day 12 ~ Progesterone, day 23, 6.5: Not Pregnant
  • Cycle #3: 50 mg Clomid, days 2-6 ~ LH surge, day 16 ~ Progesterone, day 22, 13.5: Not Pregnant
  • Cycle #4: 50 mg Clomid, days 3-7 ~ LH surge, day 13 ~ Progesterone, day 24, 4.6 : Not Pregnant
  • Cycle #5: NTNP ~ HSG, day 7, tube open ~ LH surge, day 12: Not Pregnant
April 19th, Church "corporate" prayer for our TTC struggles!
  • Cycle #6: 100 mg Clomid, days 2-6 ~ LH surge, day 13 ~ Progesterone, day 23, 17: We're Pregnant!
Carried my precious miracle baby for 11 wks 3 days when I had a miscarriage on July 1, 2009 ~ Estimated due date was Jan 16, 2010! Praise you Lord for my sweet angel baby!
Per dr's orders, waited ~ 3 cycles before starting to TTC again.
  • Cycle #7: 100 mg Clomid, days 2-6 ~ LH surge, day 14 ~ Progesterone, day 23, 8.4: Not Pregnant
  • Cycle #8: 150 mg Clomid, days 2-6 ~ LH surge, day 13 ~ Progesterone, day 23, 4.4: Not Pregnant
Referred to an RE... 1st appt Dec 7th @ 3 pm... Have to reschedule due to death in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment