Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pearls and Grace

I saw a link to the blog Pearls & Grace on a friend's blog yesterday... Pearls & Grace: The Sound. It brought tears to my eyes... it is definitely worth the read. What I got the most from it was...

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the the desire comes, it is a tree of life. ~ Proverbs 13:12

I want to encourage those of you who are still waiting with this one little word.......


When

When the desire comes, it is a tree of life.

When~ Not if.

Not maybe.

Not might.

Not perhaps.

Not if only.

But WHEN. Oh that's your word today sweet reader. When. It's when. It's a timing thing. It's a God thing. It's His timing. It's His hand. It's by His power. It's when He decides. It's when we let go and let God. It's when we choose hope and faith over fear and doubt.
She also talks about her infertility struggles & the wait; how she bought baby things for her future baby by faith. Actually there's a parable about this kind of faith...

There were two farmers, neighbors, both praying for rain for their crops - for their livelihood. After praying, one farmer waited for the rain; the other farmer went to his field and started preparing for rain. Which one do you think had the greater faith?

Are you preparing for the rain? Am I? I admit that I haven't done as much of this as I would like though I do have a few things that I have purchased (my 2 favorites being a beautiful "womb" bear & a "Children's Footprints" wall plaque). I am also knitting a baby blanket (that I have been working on for over a year now LOL).

An AWESOME movie to watch about this kind of faith; you know where you actually put your money where your mouth is sort of faith is Faith Like Potatoes. If you haven't yet watched it, I highly recommend it. Actually I think I'm gonna go add it to the top of my Netflix list right now!

Another post on the blog Pearls and Grace that really touched me is this one... Pearls & Grace: The Substance Of Things Hoped For. Why this one? It starts off with one of my absolute favorite scriptures, Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" & the bottom line message is this, "If he brought me through all of this then He must have a purpose and a plan and if He did it for me, then He will do it for you as well."

I know there is a purpose & plan for my infertility struggle. I 100% believe that I didn't accidentally get pg last year or accidentally have a miscarriage. Nothing & I meaning nothing would have prevented that miscarriage. I know every single bit of this is part of His plan... yes, even the waiting. I don't always understand why but that's okay. I'm waiting & believing & until my "tree of life" comes I will serve & worship the Lord with all my being.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with me- love it! I can't wait for my "when"!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this parable in the Bible?

    ReplyDelete