Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fasting

I fasted for the first time yesterday! And it really went better than I thought it would. Praise the Lord! I'll admit that I'm a fairly new Christian... I finally submitted to the Lord in September of 2006 & honestly I think He used this infertility struggle to finally bring me to my knees... Thank you, Jesus! I hadn't fasted up till this point mostly b/c I didn't think I'd survive w/o food... I like it way too much! LOL But here I am... I survived! It really wasn't too bad at all but I honestly know that it was only b/c of HIM!

I prayed for His will to be done regarding this infertility journey & wanted to document my fasting experience to see/watch how He moves. Yes, I did pray more but I really used it more to sit in His presence (Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God") since in my heart I have faith & do trust Him in this journey (it hasn't always been like this but the longer I'm on this journey the closer my relationship to Him becomes & the more I can see His hand all around me, in everything I do). It's amazing what He has taught me throughout this journey so far. I know He's with me & I know this journey is all part of His plan & yes, it can be tough at times but it is also exciting to know that He is guiding me & with me every step of the way & nothing in this journey has been an accident; it is all part of HIS plan (Proverbs 16:9, "A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps").

I really have a good feeling about this cycle but of course I've had these good feelings before & have been wrong. We shall see! I think I keep having these good feelings because I really am waiting expectantly. I know we're going to get pregnant; the question is when??? Regardless though, if it doesn't happen this cycle, I know I'm blessed & am truly thankful. Thank you, Lord Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment