Thursday, July 29, 2010

My first injection & other (sad) news!

Tuesday's appt went well. Everything looked good & there were no cysts in sight so we were given the go ahead to start injections. We also ordered the remainder of my meds & my other supplies Tuesday & they were delivered yesterday. Wow, just wow!

Praise the Lord that my meds are affordable! That has probably been my biggest fear when I was first referred to the RE but the Lord has worked it out & our insurance is paying for A LOT of it. Don't get me wrong, without this insurance, it would most definitely cost an arm & a leg but praise the Lord for providing.

So my first injection was tonight & it actually went really well. It didn't hurt or even sting at all! Woo-hoo! Oh & I did my own shot, thank you very much! I'm pretty proud of myself. I didn't hem haw around, much. I did pause a minute & had to tell myself that I'm a big girl & CAN do this!

The hardest part was definitely just trying to figure out how many mL to draw up into the syringe to give me the 150 IUs I needed but we figured it out! I'm definately going to go with the pen & catridges next time if there is a next time, which there won't be, by the way. I'm believing that this once will be all I need! Anyway, with the pen, all I have to do is dial up the IUs I need & inject... it's THAT easy. The only reason we're doing vials is b/c if you remember, I got free Follistim (Answered Prayer), which happen to be vials.

The supplies...

Our next monitoring appt is next Tuesday at 9:30 am, after 5 days of meds. We'll be doing another ultrasound to check my follies to see how I'm responding to the Follistim.

And now for the sad news...

Mike's puppy (well, actually really really old dog, Gina, who was ~ 15 years old) died overnight Monday night. Not sure of what but she was obviously not feeling well Monday night & when we checked on her Tuesday morning, she was gone! We're going to miss her. She was a wonderful, sweet, beautiful dog & good friend. She was literally Mike's baby... they were both very attached to each other... it was really sweet & priceless. We love you, G, & will miss you always! ♥



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Gina, I'm sure she will be really missed.

    Glad to hear the injections went well, after the first one it's a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete