Sunday, December 18, 2011

Scriptures

I've really been meaning to post these for a while now (probably since August) but I just haven't gotten around to it until now. I think I'm posting them now because I really need a reminder of His promises & His faithfulness. I know I have to lean on Him & Him alone through every trial & heartache.

Anyway, this is a list of scriptures that I have compiled along this TTC/Infertility/Adoption journey. I hope they speak to you as well.


Infertility/TTC/Adoption Journey Scriptures

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
~ John 14:18

"Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies."
~ Romans 8:23

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will."
~ Ephesians 1:4-5

“For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born in the ordinary way; but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise.”
~ Galatians 4:22-23

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”
~ Hebrews 11:1

“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”
~ Hebrews 10:23

"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today…The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
~ Exodus 14:13-14

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."
~ 1 Corinthians 2:9

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

“We constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.”
~ 2 Thessalonians 1:11

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
~ Romans 8:28

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”
~ Proverbs 3:5-6

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
~ Philippians 4:19

“Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.”
~ Micah 7:7

“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”
~ Jeremiah 29:11

“Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.”
~ Isaiah 40:31

“Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.”
~ Proverbs 13:12

“His disciples asked him, ‘Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?’ ‘Neither this man nor his parents sinned,’ said Jesus, ‘but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.’”
~ John 9:2-3

"A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."
~ Proverbs 16:9

“And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.”
- Ecclesiastes 4:2-3

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
~ Joshua 1:9

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
~ Matthew 7:7

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
~ Hebrews 13:5

“My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.”
~ Psalm 106:1

“Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”
~ Colossians 3:2

“With God all things are possible.”
~ Matthew 19:26

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
~ Jeremiah 29:13

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
~ Isaiah 41:10

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
~ Philippians 4:6-7

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment."
~ 1 Timothy 6:17

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.”
~ Hebrews 10:35-36

“For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal & it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay.”
~ Habakkuk 2:3

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
~ 1 Peter 5:7

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod & staff, they comfort me.”
~ Psalm 23:4

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”
~ Phillipians 4:13

“Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm & see the deliverance the Lord will give you, O Judah & Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, & the Lord will be with you.”
~ 2 Chronicles 20:15, 17

“Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever.”
~ 2 Chronicles 20:21

“If God is for us, who can be against us?”
~ Romans 8:31

“I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
~ Matthew 17:20

“The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.”
~ Psalm 34:17

“The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.”
~ Psalm 145:18-19

“The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
~ Deuteronomy 31:8

“Don’t be afraid; just believe.”
~ Mark 5:36


“Do NOT fear the storms! I have already won this battle for you! All you have to do now is obey. Rest in me. I will strengthen you. I will uphold you by my strong right hand. Endure. I am with you.”
~ Rebecca Carrell (Love.Serve.Shine, Today’s Daily Bread ~ Run Harder!)

"When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."
~ Author Unknown

"Be assured that if God makes you wait longer than you wish, it is only to make the blessing all the more precious."
~ Author Unknown

"Live every day to fulfill your personal mission. God has a reason for whatever season you are living through right now. A season of loss or blessing? A season of activity or hibernation? A season of growth or incubation? You may think you're on a detour, but God knows the best way for you to reach your destination."
~ Barbara Johnson

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
~ Thomas A. Edison

"We must discipline ourselves to place confidence in His decision to give us the information we need to successfully accomplish the step we are on in the journey."
~Priscilla Shirer (Jonah study)

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat."
~ Malcolm Forbes


No comments:

Post a Comment