Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Well, Father's day was a lot harder for me than Mother's day was. I think it's because they decided to have Baby Dedication at church yesterday as well... 7 beautiful babies being dedicated. And I really don't think it would have been that bad or hard on me except that the 2 babies born close to when my baby should have been born were being dedicated so all I could think about was how my baby should have been up there. She would be 5 months old now.

I thought for sure that I shared the story on here about the 2 babies born close to my EDD but if I did, I couldn't find it. So here goes... when I got pregnant last year, 2 other church members got pregnant as well & the 3 of us were literally due one after the other. L was due at the beginning of Jan, I was due Jan 16th, & G was due Jan 18th. Well, I had a miscarriage (as you already know) & got to watch them go on to have beautiful baby girls. L ended up having her baby at the end of Dec & G had hers on Jan 17th (at the exact same hospital that I would have had mine at, I learned yesterday). I am so glad they have beautiful babies but I just miss mine & it really hits hard every now & then.

I'm a lot better today... trusting & leaning on Him to get me through this. I'm reminded of one of my favorite scriptures:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

I'm walking by faith & not by sight, trusting Him, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment