Sunday, September 26, 2010

Reflections

Something really struck me that our pastor said this morning at church:

You have to be willing to suffer for the sake of the kingdom like Jesus did.
It was part of a sermon about how Jesus died to give us an abundant life.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
~ Matthew 16:24-27
Infertility is my suffering for the kingdom's sake & I can honestly say that I see "kingdom work" all around me in my land of infertility & loss. There has been so much good to come out of my infertility & yes, even miscarriage, that it is unimaginable almost. I have met, reached out, & comforted so many who are on this road with me & I hope they see/saw Jesus through me. If this is my road to become like Jesus then, Lord, I will gladly bear this cross that you have made for me. All I ask is that You give me the strength to bear it because without your strength the burden is too heavy to bear alone but I know with You, all things are possible.

Jesus overcame the world when He died on the cross for us. He overcame death & sickness & even disease such as infertility. The Lord IS sufficient although Satan wants us to think otherwise, Satan wants us to get so depressed & in despair over our brokenness, over not being able to have a baby, that he (Satan) wins by ruining our joy in Jesus.

Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
~ James 1:16-17

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
~ John 10:10
What about you? Do you believe Jesus? Do you believe He overcame the world? Are you willing to suffer for the kingdom's sake? Are you letting Satan destroy your joy? As for me, I'm willing to follow Jesus despite the cost & I refuse to let Satan win. I hope you do too.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment